If you aren’t using video as a key part of your real estate marketing strategy, what are you waiting for? Video marketing presents a huge opportunity to engage and connect with potential buyers and sellers online. If you’re hesitant to get started or just feel overwhelmed by the whole idea, we’ve got some tips and topic ideas to get you going.
Getting Started with Video Marketing
First things first, you don’t need an expensive video camera to get started. In fact, your phone’s video camera is probably good enough to shoot quality video. Just make sure you have some basic lighting set up (or film in front of a large window) and try to avoid shooting in really low-light situations. When it comes to editing your videos, there are a number of great apps out there that make it easy to edit videos on your phone. And some social media platforms even include video editing tools right in the app.
Extra Tools To Improve Your Videos
While your phone will work just great, here are a few tools you might want to consider to help boost the quality of your videos.
- Bluetooth microphone
- Phone tripod
- Ring light
Simple Editing Apps for Social Media Videos
Once you shoot your videos, you’ll want to edit them down to their final version before posting them on social media. If you’re already filming on your phone, here are a few video editing apps you can use right on your device to boost the quality of your final video.
- Adobe Premiere Rush (iPhone and Android)
- InShot (iPhone and Android)
- In-app editors on TikTok and Instagram
Video Marketing Content Tips for Real Estate
Types of Video Content to Create
Now that you’re ready to start creating video content, what should you actually make videos about? Well, you probably want to start with WHY you’re making videos. Are you looking to attract more buyers? More sellers? Both? Keep your audience in mind as you brainstorm video ideas.
Some video content ideas for real estate agents include:
- Homebuyers’ and sellers’ guides – these can be short, informational videos about the home buying/selling process specific to your local market.
- Neighborhood spotlights – give potential buyers and sellers a tour of the different neighborhoods in your city or town.
- Local business spotlights – feature local businesses that your clients may be interested in, like grocery stores, coffee shops, schools, etc.
- Real estate market updates – keep your audience up-to-date on what’s happening in the local real estate market.
- Tips and advice – share your expert knowledge about buying, selling, or remodeling homes.
The Importance of Being a Local Resource
As a real estate agent, you have the unique opportunity to be a valuable resource for your community. And video is a great way to show off your local expertise. When you’re creating video content, focus on being a resource for your audience. In addition to real estate-related content, consider making videos about:
- Local events – let your viewers know about upcoming community events, like festivals, parades, concerts, etc.
- Business expansion – highlight any new businesses that are coming to town.
- Neighborhood growth – show off any new developments or construction projects in the works.
By creating video content that is both informative and engaging, you’ll be able to attract more potential buyers and sellers to your business. And remember, don’t be afraid to get creative with your video marketing strategy. There are endless possibilities for the types of videos you can create. Just have fun with it and be yourself!
Need a Video Marketing Boost? We’re here for you!
Still not sure where to start? Check out our video marketing services for real estate agents. We can help you get your video strategy off the ground and produce high-quality video content that will attract more clients to your business. Contact us today to learn more!